This is a great list of brands that are focused and using social media to support their goals. What I found interesting is their criteria for deciding the best:
- All of these are very focused, while they bring lots of benefits, they’re really designed to do one thing and do that well
- They put the product or service directly at the center.
- They are completely customer focused, they aren’t designed to do things that the company may want e.g. build community, evangelists etc. they are designed to serve customers.
- They are utilities much more than they are communications.
- Simply put, they make it easier for customers to do more business with them.
I really like the last one- with these new technologies its easy to lose focus on the customer and making things easier is one of the best things about technology.